I was talking to a friend the other day and this is taken from a message I sent her. We were talking about liars, cheats, players and bad relationships in general and why we put ourselves through it all.
This is some of the stuff I have learned through the relationships I have had. It serves to remind us all that unless we feel great about ourselves from the inside out we will keep repeating the patterns that hold us back.
1. Until you realise your worth you will attract men who do not value you (no one who truly loves you would treat you poorly most of the time and then blame you for their actions)
A friend put valuing yourself like this: “If you’re not being treated with love and respect, check you’re “Price Tag”. Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It’s “YOU” who tells people what you’re worth by what you accept. Get off the “Clearance Rack” and get behind the glass where they keep all the VALUABLES. . Bottom line is…VALUE yourself…” Karen Calcutt
2. Boost your self esteem from the inside out and learn to replace that negative inner voice that says you’re not good enough all the time with positive thoughts it takes conscious practice but it does help.
3. Sometimes no matter how hard it is you have to let yourself get to the tipping point the point where you realise if you do not stop repeating this pattern you will be wasting far too much valuable time, and where you really can’t be sucked in by that person anymore. The tipping point is the point of no return where you know there is no way back or forward with this person and you just cannot stay anymore.
4. Sometimes no matter how much it hurts you just have to walk away and realise you cannot change someone else you can only work on yourself and how you react
5. Love is not dramatic, it isn’t like the movies. It needs to be backed up with action not just empty pretty words
6. Unless you love yourself the way you want to be loved you will keep choosing the wrong person to be with
7. Just because you can see the Amazing person beneath all the crap and they give you hope that that is the person you love you need to realise that only that person can allow that side of themselves to win through and shine.
8. Their issues are not your issues
9. You can’t rescue others just yourself and sometimes you can help to guide others on their journey
10. Look at a person’s words and actions if they don’t match up don’t go there
I am sure I could write loads and loads more however that is enough for now.
Love should be more ups than downs, it should be a two way street with equal traffic on both sides, it should be filled with kindness and compassion, laughter and sharing, warmth and passion and oh so many other things.
Till next we meet on life’s journey may your journey into love be as amazing and wondrous as you all are
In Love and Light